Glowing, shimmering, sparkling in the heat. Call it what you will, but let’s face it, we sweat.
Being a Sweaty Betty in the heat of summer (or the dead of winter if you’re like me) doesn’t mean you can’t be glam and gorgeous all day long. In my years of trying everything from BB Creams to tinted moisturizers to cake-like foundations, I have found that these tips are the sure fire way to keep your face of makeup looking great while you are glistening.
- Choose a Matte or Satin foundation formula- When you are looking for a foundation to avoid smearing from sweat avoid words like dewy, glow, or moisture. These foundations have a higher level of oil than a foundation with a matte or satin finish, and will not stay put as well. A Matte foundation has a velvety finish that pulls light inward, often with a powdery texture, while Dewy skin has an almost moist appearance.
- Use cream products- Cream makeup will show up and stay put on sticky days much better than their powder counterpart. Blush, bronzer, and eyeshadow are all available in cream or stick options from brands in the drugstore up to high-end luxury brands, so there will be something for everyone. A little goes a long way with cream products, so start out light and blend, blend blend.
- Powder, Baby! – Use setting powder to keep everything in place. After you apply foundation brush setting powder on your entire face and then double down in your smudgiest areas with a makeup sponge. Using a Beauty Blender to “bake” the areas around your nose, mouth and forehead will keep your face set for the day.
- Get a Setting Spray – Like a top coat to keep your nails from chipping, a setting spray will keep your makeup on point all day. Spray after you have your entire face finished, and toss that bad boy in your purse to refresh with a few spritzed throughout the day.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Foundation
- Loreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- SeneGence Cream Blush
- SeneGence ShadowSense Eye Shadow
- NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Palette
- Milk Makeup Lip + Cheek
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- SeneGence Translucid Powder
- Flower Beauty Translucent Setting Powder
- Beauty Bakerie Flour Setting Powder
So, have you tried any of these? What are your fave ways to keep your makeup in place? Let us know in the comments!
I am a Fargo, ND native who took a 13-year vacation to San Diego, CA. I returned to my home city with my newly acquired husband and about to have my son. We are all trying to pretend we are getting used to Fargo winters and don’t miss the beach at all. I am crafty, a makeup lover, a boy mom, a wannabe chef, and obsessed with Oreos, coffee, and Tacos. Follow my antics at leahwachna.com
Buy me a coffee