Okay, so one of the things I love most on other blogs is when they do any kind of list of shit they love, and yet I’ve never done one on my blog. That seems dumb to me, so I’m going to fix that right now with this inaugural edition – Friday Favorites: August 11, 2017. MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR THIS HISTORIC-ASS DAY.
1. “The 5 Second Rule” by Mel Robbins. OH MAN. Y’all. If you don’t already have this book, go get it. Right now. I’m not kidding. Go. I’ll wait, and when you’re back? YOU ARE WELCOME. In the past 3 days, I have 5-4-3-2-1-GO!’d my way through a To Do list that’s been sitting here for a month. I really like this approach because it’s also effective at redirecting myself when I start getting caught up in my own head. A simple “5-4-3-2-1 GO!” is proving to be a really fantastic way to flip that worry switch OFF. Seriously, GET. THIS. BOOK.
2. Life Token bracelets. I just ordered one that says “5-4-3-2-1” on top, “#GetGood” on the bottom. Pretty awesome, right? And way easier to switch up than a tattoo on my wrist. Heh.
3. This video. I don’t know why I find this so hilarious, but y’all. It gets me EVERY TIME, and…like…I’ve watched this more than once. Don’t judge me.
4. “Go Yo’ Ass to Sleep” by…well…ME. Yes, I’m tooting my own horn, but it’s seriously really good, y’all. I’m not the only one who says so even! LOL If you want to check it out, you have to subscribe to my newsletter.
5. Last but certainly not least, Cait Gavina has an Instant Pot series that has me nearly ready to try using the IP I got on Black Friday and haven’t used because I’m 99.9% sure I will wind up blowing our house up. (P.S. She offers the cutest fucking recipe card for IP Sweet Tea for signing up for her newsletter. OMG.)
**This post contains affiliate links. Using these links doesn’t ever cost you more, and it helps to pay the bills in this joint, so THANK YOU! I really appreciate it. You can read my full disclosure here.**
Wife to Bill.
Mother of Matt, Lenna, and Tricia.
Managing Editor of Audaciously Fat.
Mammalian servant to an avian despot, Courtney Lovebird.
Deliriously happy about all of it.