Wait. You don’t have a nail kit? Okay, look. That’s cool. Not everyone is into cuticle care and the E! Network, and that’s okay. So if that’s not you, sorry, sis. This post will not be a banger for you. Maybe go read about Amy’s running gear or Kathy’s killer packing list or Alyssa’s “You can dance…for inspiration…get into the groove” awesomeness or Leah’s guide for hens who sweat like Jordan in Game Six or maybe you just need Missy’s AMF cocktail. Whatever. This is for the folks who have a nail kit and want to make sure it’s TIP TOP with good gear. FINALLY. MY CHANCE TO SHINE!!
So. Here are some of the things I keep in my nail kit. No particular order of importance ’cause ALL OF IT IS IMPORTANT, OKAY? And please know, these are the BASICS. I didn’t get into the polishes or hand creams I have in stock. (Please someone admire me for not saying “on hand.” Please.)
- This polish remover. There will never be any remover as perfect as this. Fight me.
- These polish remover clips. Instead of scrubbing away trying to get that glitter polish off and then giving up and accepting your fate as “person who always has a little bit of glitter polish left behind,” soak some Dollar Tree cotton rounds in your polish remover, stick them on top of your nails, use these to hold them in place for 90 seconds or so, and boom. No more glitter. You’re welcome.
- Glass files. If you don’t already have these, you will come find me IRL and kiss me on my mouth because of how much better these are than emery boards or metal files.
- This cuticle remover. Y’all, I have been on the hunt for a good cuticle remover for a really long time, and I have finally found THE ONE. Get you some of this. For real.
- This cuticle pusher. A quality cuticle pusher paired with a quality cuticle remover means your manicures go next level.
- This cuticle oil. I did this whole thing where I was making my own, and I realized I was being dumb. Because honestly, this stuff is perfect, and I don’t have to deal with making it myself.
So, there you have it. An updated list of things to keep in your nail kit. What do you think? Did I miss something really, really good? Are you already a fan of any of these?