It’s that time of year, you guys. THE MOST WONDERFUL TIIIIIME OF THE YEAAAAR. No, not Christmas. I mean FAAAAALLLLLL. This Caramel Apple Cheesecake dip is in near constant rotation on my fall and winter party menus for three reasons.
- It’s incredibly easy to make. I can get this prepped and in the fridge in about 5 minutes.
- It’s insanely delicious. It tastes like a big bowl of Heath cheesecake that you scoop up with sliced apples. To. Die. For.
- It’s a lovely thing to for people to snack on before or after dinner without staring down an entire slice of cheesecake. You can have a few bites if you’re stuffed (like at Thanksgiving), or you can eat the whole bowl in one sitting (not judging).
Something to note: I use Trader Joe’s Salted Caramel Sauce because I’m a Trader Joe’s junkie, and it is so decadent and delicious. Because this is a simple dish, the quality of the ingredients really makes a difference here. I wouldn’t use a squirt bottle of the Hershey’s Caramel Syrup here if you’re making it to WOW people, but I have done it in a pinch when we wanted something sweet. The Trader Joe’s version is just more flavorful. I’m not saying be Ina and make your own baller caramel sauce from scratch (you totally could), but try to pick up a jar of the good stuff is all.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
An incredibly easy and delicious dessert that tastes like a caramel apple and a cheesecake had a baby, in the best possible way.
- 12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 3 tbsp heavy cream (I've used half and half in a pinch)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Trader Joes Salted Caramel Sauce (or any other caramel sauce)
- 1/4 cup health bar candy crumbled
- 4 apples sliced into wedges for scooping
- 1 pkg graham crackers for scooping (optional)
Place softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the heavy cream and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Spread the cream cheese mixture into a pie plate and spoon on a layer of caramel. Sprinkle with a layer of the Health pieces.
Place in the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to overnight. Place the sliced apples around the dip and serve.
So what are some of your go-to fall recipes? Tell us in the comments!